Toledo GROWs announces an exciting local food opportunity—the Toledo Grown Food Hub.
Local urban farmers sell produce to the food hub which, in turn, sells it to local buyers. Support your local growers and the Toledo GROWs program by purchasing a Toledo Grown CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share!
CSA shareholders Receive weekly share of quality, fresh farm products. Choose between a full share (portioned for a family of 3-4 for the week) or a half share (portioned for 1 or 2.)
- Support local farmers using sustainable growing methods—no harmful chemicals
- Receive a variety of vegetables and herbs, including many “staples” such as carrots, lettuce, peppers, onions, etc.—whatever is ready that week
- Experience new vegetables and receive recipes and tips on cooking them
- Visit the farm where your food is grown
- Farmers Receive payment early in the season which helps farmer’s cash flow, get to know the people who will eat his/her food, and introduce customers to new vegetables and ways to prepare them
Weekly market orders
Toledo GROWs offers produce for sale year-round, with the volume and type of product available
dependent on the weather and the season. Participants in the weekly market receive an e-mail at the
beginning of the week stating what is available, as well as the pricing. Participants place orders that are
ready for pick up on Thursday, between 11:00 and 3:00 at the urban farm, 900 Oneida Street, Toledo.
To request to be added to the weekly e-mail group, send an e-mail to Sr. Rita at
Toledo GROWs offers special pricing for area restaurants that feature local foods. Participating
restaurants receive an e-mail each week with products available. We can make arrangements to deliver
to restaurants in the downtown vicinity. To learn more, restaurant managers or chefs should contact
Toledo GROWs and speak with Sr. Rita Wienken. Call her at 419-720-8714 or e-mail